|here's a list of references...
||[Aug. 12th, 2008|04:44 pm]
|||||the bus boys - "cleaning up the town"||]|
...in "the middleman" episode 1008 "the ectoplasmic pan-hellenic investigation."
- "27B-6" - homage to terry gilliam's film "brazil"
- "hruck bugbear" - homage to les mcclaine's first comic book "highway 13" in which the main character drove a "hruck greywolf"
- "same bat time" - homage to the sixties "batman" tv series
- reitman university - homage to ivan reitman, director of "ghostbusters"
- "your hair grows out to three times its normal length and tries to strangle you" - homa ge to j-horror films including but not limited to "the grudge"
- "ray parker jr. avenue" - homage to the singer of the "ghostbusters" theme
- dr. stantz/dr. zeddemore/parapsychology department - homage to "ghostbusters"
- louis - homage to louis tully, played by rick moranis in "ghostbusters"
- "i don't know if she had legs but she definitely had arms..." - homage to "ghostbusters"
- pineal gland - homage to stuart gordon's "from beyond," referenced repeatedly as the seat of paranormal phenomena in "the middleman"
- "gozarian lenses" - homage to "ghostbusters"
- "moscow rules" - homage to the cold war era guidelines for americans stationed in moscow
- eleanor - named after eleanor dorcas pond, founder of the delta delta delta sorority (of which writer sarah watson is a sister)
- "our president, dana!" - homage to dana barrett, played by sigourney weaver in "ghostbusters"
- codenames: gatekeeper and keymaster - homage to "ghostbusters"
- "percy sledge, very nice" - homage to the singer of "when a man loves a woman"
- PKE meter - homage to egon spengler's main piece of tech in "ghostbusters"
- "my friend erica maynard..." - a close personal friend of writer sarah watson's
- the house's social chair as seen in the composite is named "janine melnitz" after annie potts' character in - you guessed it - "ghostbusters"
- egon spengler medal - homage to harold ramis in "ghostbusters"
- ivo shandor - the architect of dana barrett and louis tully's building in "ghostbusters," he performed a lot of unnecessary surgery
- "the eyeglasses of t.j. eckleburg" - homage to f. scott fitzgerald's "the great gatsby"
- "nutrona wand" - the name of the main weapon used by the ghostbusters
- caligula - reference to the roman emperor...who may have also performed a lot of unnecessary surgery
- positron collider - homage to "ghostbusters"
- "uh, everything is under control, situation normal" - quote of han solo's famous line in "star wars"
- "zombies of mora-tau/night of the living dead" - homage to "the zombies of mora-tau" and "night of the living dead" i think.
- louis' sweatshirt is an homage to john belushi's in "animal house"...
- ...as is the appearance of a heavy-set sorority party goer in a toga and laurel leaves
- also seen in the sorority party is an "edward forty-hands" - the name given to strapping 40 ounce bottles of beer to someone's hands with duct tape
- "great caesar's ghost!" - homage to perry white from the "superman" tv show
- the design of the BUMMER, truth bomb and concussive stun field generator is an homage to boussh's thermal detonator from "return of the jedi"
- "total protonic reversal" - homage to "ghostbusters"